Health Advisory: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
With the outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), Atlantic City Convention Center (ACCC) would like to reassure our partners, customers and other key stakeholders that we remain vigilant and dedicated to ensuring that appropriate protective measures are in place at our venue.
Typical symptoms of coronavirus include lower-respiratory infections, such as pneumonia, ranging from mild to severe; coughing (especially when phlegm or pus is expelled), fever, chills, fatigue, and nausea that may progress to severe pneumonia, causing shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. Generally, coronavirus can cause more severe symptoms in people with weakened immune systems, older people, and those with long-term conditions like diabetes, cancer and chronic lung disease.
Atlantic City Convention Center is closely monitoring the situation through updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the New Jersey Department of Public Health, the World Health Organization (WHO), City of Atlantic City and Atlantic County officials and our industry affiliates and associations. We are coordinating with city, county, state and federal responders for “real-time” intelligence and response protocols related to a pandemic response.
Atlantic City Convention Center is taking sensible precautions such as:
- The purchase of extra hand sanitizer dispensers placed in high trafficked areas
- Installation of additional hygiene advisory signage throughout the venue, including all restrooms.
- Increased precautionary measures, including increasing the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting commonly touched objects.
- Many of the surfaces in our restrooms are touch-free using automatically flushing toilets, hands-free faucets, paper towel dispensers and hand dryers.
- Using cleaning products to clean all surface areas, including but not limited to lavatory fixtures, paper towel dispensers, vanity tops, mirrors and door handles.
Atlantic City Convention Center staff will maintain regular communication with event organizers, business partners and other key stakeholders to relay updates.
For additional information please visit:
- NJ Department of Health https://www.nj.gov/health/cd/topics/ncov.shtml
- Atlantic County, Div. of Public Health https://www.atlantic-county.org/public-health/index.asp
- City of Atlantic City, Social Media https://www.facebook.com/AtlanticCityGov/
NJ Department of Health, 24Hr Public Info Hotline 1-800-222-1222
We are here to answer your Atlantic City related questions.
Please contact Dan Gallagher at email@example.com